Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Down, Two to Go--Day 63

The completion of my history exam effectively ends that class for me. I think the test went pretty well, especially after talking to Amanda about it. I felt pretty prepared, and although I wasn't sure on a few of them, I double-checked my answers after I got back to my room, and I think that I was right on most of them! The essay portion went pretty well, too. Again, I'm not sure how sound they were, but I did quite a bit of preparation for them, so I should receive most of the credit. I'm just a tad worried because I'm sitting at an A- in that class right now. The final will determine whether I stay at an A-, go down to a B+, or get bumped up to an A. But worrying about it doesn't really get me anywhere at this point, so I think I'll stop now.

I have the art history final to complete (which is about 99% done, I just need to check it since it's a take-home final) and then a British Politics test to take on Tuesday, and I'll be all done with my schoolwork for six days before I start again on Monday the 14th.

Somewhere between last night and this morning, Lauren lost her key. We have turned the entire room upside down, but it is nowhere to be found. We think the little bugger escaped last night, so we've been creating silly excuses, like "It disappeared into a rip in the Universe," or "I ate it." I'm hoping it turns up when we stop looking for it because I don't want Lauren to have to pay the 10 pounds for a replacement.

Tomorrow I have decided to make a trip to Harrods, since I haven't been yet. I want to see the puppies, mostly. I also want to make a trip to Sir John Soane's Museum, a little relatively unknown gem near Holborn Tube station. They have the painting A Rake's Progress by William Hogarth, which is a pretty well-known piece (and artist). I can't believe I'm saying this, but after today, I have just one week left in London! I'd better make the most of it, or I'll regret it when I'm home. However, I can't wait to get back to my family and friends. Dad is going to try to meet me at the gate because he has special clearance and all that. It pays to have a family member working at the airport. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get bumped up to an A for your class.

    Am so glad your dad might meet you at the gate when you arrive home; I know both of you would be very excited to have it happen. Make the most of this last week.

    Now, where did that little key go? Did you check all of your pockets and the garbage?

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is winding down fast. Hope this next week in London is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete