Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back to the Old Grind--Day 34

It was kind of nice to get back into the swing of things today. I had class all day, which is slightly tiring, but I like my classes enough not to care that they are three hours long each. In my politics class, we talked about British national identity and watched a very interesting video about the Union Jack. It made me feel patriotic about my own flag. All of us also started craving Thanksgiving food because we talked about American identity, too, and we mentioned Thanksgiving as an important national holiday. I will definitely be glad to get home for Thanksgiving this year!

I found out this afternoon that the grocery store I shop at, Tesco, is totally closed. It was completely normal at 6:30 last night, and by this morning, it was entirely cleared out--food, cash registers, shelves, and all. We think it might be back in two weeks, but in the interim, I will have to go to Waitrose and try my hardest to find good deals so I don't end up spending too much on groceries.

Otherwise, today was a pretty normal day. I made myself another good dinner of pasta and salad and then talked for awhile with my friends in our kitchen. It was very relaxing and fun.

And for those curious about the Hart family crest on my bookmark, I found a picture online for you (I couldn't get a good picture of the bookmark with my little camera).

Photo courtesy of freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com.

2 comments:

  1. Bummers on the grocery store; I hope you're able to find good bargains at Waitrose.

    Thanks for the family crest picture. I can totally understand your feelings about being home for Thanksgiving. Also, glad you learned about the Union Jack; it shows how much our histories are intertwined.

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the crest is cool-even has a deer for Dad and David to hunt!
    Weird about the store, wonder what the story will be? Maybe the locals know another place to shop that is affordable.
    So proud of all you are doing...

    ReplyDelete