Monday, October 24, 2011

The Bookworm--Day 54

Alas, today was not very exciting. I did my laundry, went grocery shopping, and revised a couple of papers. I also finally got around to vacuuming our floor. It looks spectacular now, if I do say so myself (I'm hoping Lauren will notice and congratulate me, although I think I have enough self-congratulation for the both of us). These activities consumed most of the morning and early afternoon, so unfortunately, I finished them a little too late in the day to warrant going anywhere major (like a museum). As such, I contented myself with a trip to Waterstone's (again) to check out the clearance section, which I had missed a couple of days ago in my eagerness to get my hands on more of those Hamlyn cookbooks. I didn't really find anything interesting. The books were discounted for a reason.

After Waterstone's, I stopped at Waitrose because I realized after my morning grocery shopping that I had forgotten to buy olive oil for the week. This may not seem like such a big deal, but when olive oil makes up a good 10% of your blood supply, it's pretty intense when you run out. I also wanted to pick up some peanut butter because it's great for protein and for late-night snacks after dinner (so I can use up the slices of bread that I would otherwise just throw away). But mostly the former. Like many daughters, I have found that my mother is right 99% of the time. She told me that I should always have a little protein with every meal (she also told me never to pass up an opportunity to pee, which I have never since ignored). I have tried to follow her advice, and I have had the good fortune never to be anemic, which for some reason I always worry about.

Meanwhile, I am practically freaking out because I have only 17 days left in London and so much left to do. I honestly don't know how I'm going to be able to fit it all in (I probably won't, as I told you before). It's been so unreal. I know I keep saying it, but it really bears repeating.

Well, that's all for now, ladies and gents. Tomorrow I have my politics class, and I really hope that we get our papers back so that I can see how I did! I think my friends are going to the zoo, and I wish I could go along, too, but they want to go in the morning and don't really have any other time that works for most of us except Tuesday. I guess I shouldn't be too broken up. The admission price is well over 15 pounds, and I'm just not prepared to pay that much for something I have back in the States. Plus, I get my animal fill pretty much every day because there are so many dogs here! I also get to Skype my parents tomorrow, so that's always exciting. Stay fabulous out there.

2 comments:

  1. Time is winding down fast...we will all miss London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the good advice of mothers; so glad you are heeding your mom's advice because she is pretty smart (she gets it from her mother)!

    November will soon be here and I know you will miss England, but we will be glad to have you back in the States.

    Good job on vacuuming the floor.

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete