Monday, October 31, 2011

Pizza Party!--Day 61

~~~HAPPY HALLOWEEN!~~~

In honor of the holiday, this whole post will be written in orange type! Enjoy. :)

As you will remember, tonight was our little dinner party at Dr. Kivisto's flat. He is staying about 15 or 20 minutes from where we live. We had quite a large group for dinner--about 23 of us. We had delicious pizza and salad. Dr. Kivisto's flat is very nice, and he was very kind to feed all of us at this point in the term when I am sure that many of us are running pretty low on funds. After dinner, my friends and I decided to take a trip to Snog again. You can never go wrong with frozen yogurt! It was a delicious end to a darn good Halloween. I think I have to say it was one of the best ever (mostly because I got to celebrate in London).

Because today was a little thin on the photography side, I thought I'd share a few random photos I was saving for just such an occasion.
I just learned this on Friday, but actor Michael Caine lives in the witch's-hat part of that apartment building (its penthouse) that you can see in the center of the picture.

Sarah took this wonderful photograph of Amanda, Kayla, and me waiting for our snacks at the Red Lion in Salisbury.

The clock, bell, and flag above the old Chelsea Post Office. Admittedly, I'm kind of just showing off with this one, but I do really like the clock. The building is now used for everything from wedding ceremonies to antique shows to arts and crafts fairs.
Tomorrow we are having a big group photo taken at Heythrop after class. Each of us will receive a framed copy to take back to the States with us as a souvenir! I hope it turns out well...Also, my friends and I were talking at Dr. Kivisto's, and we realized that we haven't been to see Westminster Abbey (the inside, not just the outside) yet, so tomorrow after the photography session, we are going to head over there and hope that the lines won't be too long to see it! I will be glad to finally cross that off my list. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful, and there is an overwhelming amount of history there. Ticket prices are a little high, but I think I'm willing to spend it in order to see an undoubted London highlight.

2 comments:

  1. Pizza followed by frozen yogurt sounds wonderful. Your pictures are fun and the trip for tomorrow sounds even better. Glad you had a nice day.

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the old post office!

    ReplyDelete