Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Feast Fit for the Famous--Day 12

Today was our Indian lunch, and it was utterly fantastic! We went to the renowned Bombay Brasserie, well-loved by many A-list celebrities (check out their website, www.bombaybrasserielondon.com, for some cool photos of the owner with some of the restaurant's more prestigious diners). I was thinking we would get to choose one item off the menu for our lunch, but I was completely wrong! We were treated to a sumptuous three-course meal! For our appetizer, we had ginger-and-curry potato cakes, tandoori chicken, and a shredded-carrot-and-cabbage salad. Our main course was served in bowls to share between three or four people. The dishes included shrimp in coconut sauce, chicken in tomato masala (very spicy but very flavorful), curried potatoes, saffron rice with vegetables, spicy curried lentils, and nan bread with cucumber raita (similar to Greek cucumber yogurt sauce). I was extremely full after consuming these rich dishes, and we hadn't even had dessert yet! After washing down the food with the last of my lemonade, the dessert arrived, a deliciously icy Indian ice cream served in a crunchy, sugary, cookie-like shell and topped with a currant. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, they served us tea! It was a very good cuppa, probably one of the best I've ever had, but it almost put me over the edge. I need not tell you that I did not eat for the rest of the day.

The rest of the afternoon was pretty unexciting. I did stay up later than I would have liked doing homework, but that's how school goes. Tomorrow is a pretty low-key day, since I have class all day at Heythrop. In other news, I finally got my FIE (Foundation for International Education) ID card, which will allow me to prove that I'm a student (yay, discounts!) and to use the computer facilities at Metrogate House if I ever really need a printer. I hope to have some interesting things to relate to you tomorrow! Until then, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I had already had lunch by the time I read this, otherwise I would have been salivating over duly! The food sounded scrumptious; so glad you were able to indulge yourself.

    Keep trekking, kiddo; I'm loving the adventures.

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete