Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It Just Wouldn't Be London without a Trip to the Theater--Day Five

Sorry for the latest of this post. Yesterday was a very busy day! I spent the morning reading up on other things to do in London. The afternoon brought our second London orientation, where I was able to sign up for a variety of interesting activities, including the trip to Oxford, a classical music concert by candlelight at St. Martin-in-the-Fields church in Trafalgar Square, an Indian lunch at the Bombay Brasserie (well-loved by celebrities such as Nicole Kidman), a trip to the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew (which will provide some pretty good fodder for my term paper on the gardens of London), and a trip to Greenwich. At the orientation, we received free tickets to a product of The 39 Steps at a theater called Criterion in Piccadilly Circus--sort of the Times Square of London, if you will. We took the Tube to get to the theater, which was very exciting because it was my first time using my Oyster Card. It was kind of fun! The play itself was very good and very funny. I loved watching real British actors practice their craft in real time (versus watching them in movies and such). The actor who played Richard Hannay was named Rufus Wright, and the program told us that he has been in such American films as Quatum of Solace and Spy Game. How's that for a night out? I hope I'll have the chance to attend more productions while I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment