Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rain Again--Day 17

As the title suggests, we had quite the dousing today! I spent the day inside doing homework because my friends went off to the Docklands to do their sociology homework. They got back too late to take advantage of any of the Open House events today, but hopefully we will all go somewhere tomorrow. One thing I have noticed about British rain showers is that there is rarely any lightning. In other words, it seems like London does not get thunderstorms as frequently as we do in the United States. I am wondering if it has to do with the whole maritime climate and the fact that weather blows quickly over the island (whereas in Minnesota at least, the weather has time to build into something more severe). I hope that this rain does not continue tomorrow because I had hoped to--in addition to the Open House events--take a visit to the Chelsea Physic Garden for my term paper. (Plus, that would give me some pictures to show you.)

No pictures today, though. I really don't think you would be all that interested to see rainy London anyway. Good thing I have a really nice raincoat from REI to keep me dry on days like this. Here's hoping for a sunny tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Rainy days are good to take pictures of your flat which I am very interested to see...hint, hint.
    Hoping for a sunny tomorrow for you!
    Love from sunny AZ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummers on the rain, although, it does have its pursue. Hope you have some sunshine tomorrow.

    Love you,
    Grandma "C"

    ReplyDelete